Sunday, July 17, 2011

During an exploratory laparoscopic surgery to look for endometriosis,they found an inflamed mass on my colon?

They found a large inflamed mass on the outside of my colon and had attached itself to a ligament. They cauterized the part that was attached to the ligament. The OBGYN said that they didn't remove it because it was very large and inflamed, they didn't know what it was, and it wasn't in his "area". They asked the general surgeon to come in and he didn't know what it was either, so they left it.He said to remove it is a more in depth surgery. I went to GI today and he is doing a colonoscopy but said that I would still need another surgery to remove the mass from my colon to see what it was. My question is, can they do laparoscopic surgery to remove the mass attached to the colon or will this be a large incision and more detailed? Same day procedure or a stay at the hospital. From what I understood, they can't cauterize anything on the colon because the sparks could kill the colon and people die, according to my OBGYN. SO, I'm just curious and like to more of what I expect. The GI said that I will need to make an appt. to see General Surgery after the colonoscopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment