Friday, July 15, 2011

TSH is 7.3. Is that high?

I am a 33yr old woman and my TSH level is 7.3 and my physician said that it was a "borderline" high level. My iron is low as well but I've had low iron off and on my whole life. All other bloodwork is normal including T4 and T3. From what I've read for the past hour on-line, 7.3 is a high value for TSH. Does anyone know? I have not been feeling well for a while now and trying to figure out what's going on. My physician didn't seem to be concerned at all about my TSH level and asked me to come back in a month for a re-check of it. Is my physician correct in not being concerned at this point? I do know that instead of weight gain, that hypothyroidism can cause, I am having weight loss....but I can't eat hardly anything solid w/out vomitting. I'm living mostly off of protein drinks, yogurt, nuts, soup...etc. I am so tired all of the time and all I want to do is sleep, I'm depressed, sweat very badly when doing any physical activity(never been one to sweat much), constipated, have severe stomach pains from time to time and very frequently have severe nausea (w/out vomitting). I have several other symptoms too but those are my most aggervating ones. I have an Ultrasound scheduled to check gallbladder & if that's normal I'm having an EGD/Colonoscopy. I am just so frustrated and upset about how I'm feeling and I want to fix it now!! Has anyone else had issues like this or know anything about it? Thank you to anyone that can give some insight. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment