Monday, July 18, 2011

I have just been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis help....?

So I have been dealing with GI problems since august 2009. im a 20 yr old female this all started after having my gallbladder taken out. I have been dealing with my symptoms for over 2 yrs now I have been on the verge of giving up I have been to doctor to doctor none of them taking me seriously. I have been in and out of hospitals/ ERs for the same symptoms. Symptoms being abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, fevers, diarrhea, and blood in my stools. My most recent GI did a colonoscopy he said that looked like ulcerative colitis but had to wait on the biopsies. The night after the procedure I got real sick and ended up in the ER and was admitted for 24 hrs to be rehydrated. Doctor released me and said to wait for him to call with biopsies. In the meantime my primary had started me on a med called asicol for ulcerative colitis. GI called said biopsies came back good nothing showed I told him that my primary had started me on the med and he said to stop taking it. A few weeks ago I ended up in the ER with the worse episode I have ever had I was vomiting straight bile and my diarrhea had blood in it. ER doctor did not do much she gave me fluids and nausea meds. She released me a few hours later. I got an appt with my GI to follow up from the ER and now hes saying it is ulcerative colitis that he must have not biopsies the right area. I am now on Lidia and my symptoms are still the same I have only been on it for 2 days so I have to give it more time to work I guess. But the worst part of all this is no one in my family had this condition. Im scared to tell my friend as well as this new guy im talking to. Ive been doing research. I don’t sleep much because of the abdominal pain and vomiting. Please anyone who can help please do I have no idea what im dealing with

No comments:

Post a Comment