Saturday, July 16, 2011

Should I be worried? medical question?

After a routine checkup at the doctors (an annual physical) the doctor saw that it had been quite a few years since my mom had gone to get any tests done (she hates going to the doctor) so she took a blood test right then and there. The blood test came back fine. She also suggested she go for a colonoscopy, a bone density test, a mammogram, and a chest x ray. I've heard of people going for colonoscopies, bone density tests & mammograms just to check and make sure everything's fine but I've never heard of anyone going for a chest x ray unless they suspect something's wrong, right? Is this just routine or do you think the doctor felt something was wrong? She didn't tell her to go right away, she actually made her wait a few days so she could get the refferals together but I still feel like a chest x ray isn't routine. Does anybody know about this? My mom is in her 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment